Peppadew Picante Chillis
Puff Pastry (we used a ready made block)
Cheddar Cheese (or Parmesan)
Ceramic Baking Beads
- Chop up the baby tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes.
- Remember you got an amazing jar of Peppadew's Piquante Peppers in your Degustabox.
- Open the jar then discover and be surprised by the wonderful draining cap!
- Chop up 6 Peppardew Piquante Peppers and put them with the tomatoes.
- Get the puff pastry block, dust your surface with flour and roll the pastry out.
- Lay the pastry in your backing tray and fold the edges over.
- Mix one egg in a bowl and then glaze over the edges to give a 'glazed pastry' appearance when cooked.
- Stab the pastry with a fork while thinking of your ex.
- Make your Lilly hold it while you take blog photos.
- Get excited when Lilly says 'we're going to use the ceramic balls! You'll finally see them in action!
- Listen to Lilly explain that they weigh the pastry down while it starts to cook.
- Put a sheet of greaseproof paper on the pastry.
- Pour those balls in!
- Place in pre-heated oven.
- After 10 minutes in the oven on 180C or gas mark 5, take out.
- Spread green pesto over the pastry
- Add the chopped tomatoes, picante peppers, sun dried tomatoes.
- Chop 3-4 spring onions and add sprinkle them on top.
- Season with fresh basil, dried rosemary.
- Have your Lilly hold it so you can take blog photos.
- Place in the oven for a further 10 minutes
- Add grated cheddar cheese.
- Consider using parmesan in place of cheddar if you don't have a pregnant friend.
- Hope your pregnant friends baby is a girl. PLEASE BE A GIRL.
- Take out after 5 minutes or when the pastry is a deep golden brown.
- Make your Lilly hold it while you take more blog photos.
- Cut into 9 pieces.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over them.
- Display on a pizza board.
- Make everybody wait until you have taken a photo before they take a slice.
- Tuck in.
I can't even begin to tell you have yummy this was! The picante peppers gave it the perfect kick and I would love to try this with different toppings.
You could pretty much put anything on the top, I would love to try one with mushrooms, sweetcorn, bell peppers and pepperoni! Yum.
What would you put on yours?
To win your own box, continue reading.
Degustabox is giving one of next months box to my readers.
You have to be over 18 to enter.
You must be in the mainland UK to enter.
You must leave a comment with your e-mail or twitter so I can contact you if you win.
Simply enter via the rafflecopter below!
The giveaway ends at midnight on 16th March 2014.
Any entries by Twitter accounts that have been created solely to enter giveaways will be disqualified.
a Rafflecopter giveaway